Thursday, October 29, 2009

Spills and Treats

I went over to K's yesterday to help pack things up. Good thing to know: a 5 lb bag of sugar will bust when it drops from a height of about 6 feet. Yes, I found this out first hand.
I saw this recipe online the other day for a pumpkin pie milkshake. I made pumpkin cookies earlier this week and had pumpkin puree left over. I though well...I like pumpkin pie. I like milkshakes. Why not combine the two and try it out?? So I did.


Waiting to be blended...at this point I was a little nervous. Pumpkin puree in a milkshake? Hmmm I don't know about that... plus with all the spices, I was not so sure that I would like this. BUT, I blended it up. Here is the result:

Makes for a beautiful milkshake! The recipe called for a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs on the top after its all done. Looks pretty, no? As hesitant as I was to taste it, I did. The result? Pretty good! Tastes like frozen pumpkin pie! I think I found a new fun treat!!!

0 comments: