Sunday, July 24, 2011

Baseball and Birds

This weekend was Pioneer Day weekend, and I decided to go to the Orem Owlz baseball game. It was really a fun game. It was quite hot when we got there, but the sun went down quickly and it was really nice the entire night.

This was our view of the field. We sat in the 5th row up, and could see really well. The stadium filled up pretty good, and it was fun to go and see. I am not a huge baseball fan, but something about being at the actual game makes it so much more fun!! The Owlz ended up loosing 17-7...but nevertheless it was fun to be there!

After the game, because of the holiday weekend, they shot off fireworks. It was so much fun to see!! You are seriously about 500 yards from where they were shooting them off from. They are right in your face!! I love fireworks, and must admit thats part of the reason I wanted to go to this particular game, for the fireworks afterwords!


A's birthday was last week and so I had to hold a late birthday party. Chicken enchiladas, presents, and these fun things...homemade of course....
Angry bird cupcakes!! I love them! I think they turned out pretty darn good, don't you think? I had been searching and searching for a cool angry birds cake to make, and found these that seemed pretty simple. They were, too! I am so happy with how they turned out, and they were a bit hit. Yay for angry birds!

0 comments: