Thursday, September 8, 2011

Catching Up

Its been a while, but I was having technical difficulties downloading pictures. But I am back in the game so here we go! These pictures are all from the last couple weeks before school started again for me. I spent some time up with K, C, and J just playing, babysitting, and having fun. One night, J pulled out the Church Stories and wanted to read them with me.




Apparently, J has not been liking the bath lately. Well, that's just because I wasn't around! Look at how much fun we had!




That same night, I made stromboli for dinner. Turned out pretty good looking, huh? It was pretty delish!

Tuesdays in August, Thanksgiving Point does $2 Tuesdays where they offer admission to a few of their venues for $2. They have some gardens that I went to, which were AMAZING. HUGE gardens, they were amazing! These were just a tiny tiny sample of what they had to wander through and see. I loved them!
I was wanting a treat one night and found this recipe for ice cream using only frozen bananas. I was a little skeptical at first, thinking it wouldn't turn that same texture as ice cream. I will admit I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome! It was smooth and creamy like ice cream, and tasted so good!



My dear friend K had a baby the middle of August and I decided to make a quilt for her and the baby. It took me way longer than it should have. IT wasn't a hard project at all, I was just slow in doing it. Overall I think the quilt turned out really cute. Little jungle animals all over the front. It went over pretty well too I think.

That catches me up through...now basically. School started 3 weeks ago, and its been tricky getting back into the swing of things. The only problem I am having is trying to make myself to go bed at a decent "school day" hour. Its still a work in progress. Its amazing how much less stressed I am this year than I was last year at this time, its amazing! So much more enjoyable. Kids start coming next week to see me, let it begin. Hopefully things stay as calm as they are now!

0 comments: