Yesterday we went up to Kings Beach and found a great beach to spend the day at. Not your typical Lake Tahoe beach either, it was not rocky, very big and had lots of room to play around in! We rented a 2-person kyack for 3 hours and were all able to take turns paddling up and down the shore. It was a really fun day! I totally got burned on my lower legs and lower arms....it wasn't from a lack of sunscreen though. I think my sunscreen was old and uneffective. Great! So I am having to work through that pain. But overall it was a really fun day!
I am the kyack champion!
Mom and I in the kyack
Today we took another trip out to Kings Beach, the same place we went yesterday, and took a little parasailing trip. I really wanted to do it all week long and then Paul said he would go with me, and I was fine with it until it actually started looking like we were going to really parasail. Kristin, Craig, Paul, and I all decided to do it. I became a bit nervous the closer we got to takeoff. It turns out I was nervous for nothing. The ride was really fun, takeoff was a breeze and it was just a nice flight up! We got to about 450 feet above the lake, which is pretty high!! Paul and I rode together, and Kristin and Craig rode together. It was a really fun ride and I am really glad that I got to go!
Paul and I taking off
Way up high in the sky
Coming in for a smooth landing
Overall, the trip was a success and I had a really fun time going. I don't regret going at all and now I can say that I have parasailed!!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Posted by Emily at 6:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Mr. Paul kenley needs to lose some weight, it's amazing the rope could hold. Come on, why are you trying the skew the earth's gravitational pull. A few less cokes please.
I am astounded that you were brave enough to do this. Anyone who would let herself be tethered to Mr Paul Kenley and then allow herself to be dragged into the atmosphere with him deserves a medal. Well done.
Post a Comment