Thursday, August 21, 2008

Changes

After getting home from Tahoe, I had about a week to get all my stuff together, help mom finish putting her room together, and then head back to Utah. It wasn't really a stressful week, just packing slowly, getting things here and there. Mom's classroom hadn't had her windows installed so there wasn't much we could do to put it together before I left. Sorry mom! But I got all my stuff packed and ready to go. Quickly, when we were in Tahoe, Carolyn went to a store called Del Sol that sells all kinds of stuff that changes color out in the light. So she bought fingernail polish that changes colors when you go outside. Needless to say, its really cool! This first picture is of the original colors of two of the polishes. The one on my toes is a bright pink, and my fingernails are clear.


This is right after going outside with the same nail polish. The bright pink toes turn to deep purple (NOT black like it appears in this picture) and the clear turns to bright pink! It is so fun to step outside and watch them change colors. Fun!!

On the 15th, mom, dad, and I drove up to Carolyn's house and stayed there for 4 days. Kristin and Craig met us and we all stayed at Carolyn's. We had fun shopping and moving me into my apartment and all that jazz. Kristin and Craig stayed till Sunday, and then went home. Carolyn had to start school on Monday (bummer dude!), Kristin had to start school on Tuesday (bummer too!) so Monday was just me, mom, and dad. We drove up to Salt Lake, helped me put a few things away and then they left. It was really sad to see them leave, but they had to get out of town before traffic got toooo bad. For some reason I got sick on monday and so after mom and dad left from my apartment in Salt Lake, Carolyn and Paul came and got me and I stayed at their apartment in Orem until Wednesday afternoon. Thanks guys, I feel a lot better now! So , now, I am moved in, furniture and all, into my apartment. I am living in a townhouse in the Millcreek area in Salt Lake. There are three girls living here, each with our own room. I have the entire basement to myself, with a private bathroom. It is really pretty great. Unfortunately, my camera could not take a picture of the entire room, so I had to split it up a bit.

Looking directly from the stairs into my room


My desk and very cool hutch that my dad made for me



Looking at the TV and wall from the desk


Just down from the TV wall, is my recliner


So my apartment is pretty nice. Its about 15 minutes away from school, and its really close to some good shopping. It is going to take a while for me to feel like this is home, but hopefully that comes sooner rather than later. Its a really nice place, and I am excited to have my own room!
School starts on Monday, with a informational meeting tomorrow (friday) to give us all the specifics of everything we need to know. The butterflies are definitely flying and going crazy in my stomach about school and what to expect. Hopefully it will all go just great!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Congrats on your new place! It will feel like home before you know it. Good luck with a new school and a new semester too!

Niki said...

Your room looks big! And it looks like you've made yourself at home :) Love it!!