Just outside of my door there is a flowering bush. I am not sure what type of flower it is (my floral teacher would probably fail me for that) but it is really pretty! Just a few days ago it started to flower. I love them! The blossoms are so pretty! This picture makes it look more pink, but really the flowers are a dark red and orange color. Very fall-ish. They are a happy sight when I go home.
Car and I were looking at shoes a while ago and found these way cute ones. We both decided we loved them but they were really expensive. So we waited until Payless had Buy One Get One half off, and then took advantage of the great sale. I love these shoes! They are so cute and go really well with jeans and khakis. I wore them the other night only to discover that the size I got was too big... :( No fair! I tried them on at the store but I guess my feet were bigger that day or something because they obviously slip off my feet. So I needed to exchange them for a smaller size. But they are cute!!
This week has been a little stressful for me. Monday night I had to give a language test to a child (which just happened to be Paul's nephew Micah. Thanks micah!). I couldn't give him the test till after 9 because he had a party or something. So that took a while and we didn't end up leaving their house till about 10:30. Pretty tired!!! So I went home and started studying a little bit more, not really feeling prepared for my test. I had a test on Tuesday, the next morning, in Fluency (aka stuttering). I had studied for it all last week and still didn't feel very prepared. I read through stuff and then went to bed. I got up an hour early on tuesday to go through stuff again and then went to class and took the test. It went alright, better than I thought actually. I always think a test went okay and then it turns out I did terribly....I hope thats not the case here! But I took the test, and felt very releaved to be done. I really didn't do much else tuesday after class. Just relaxed. I had two projects due this week also, but they are pretty much done and just need to be turned in. I will be glad when this week is over thats for sure! I have come to the realization that I do not handle test stress very well. I get very nervous, very stressed out. Even when I study tons, for some reason I just cant help it. Once or twice I have actually made myself sick over it. Out of control and something that I need to work on for sure!
After class today at noon, I decided to go do errands and be productive. I went to the bank to cash a check only to find that the bank was not in the spot Mapquest said it was. Grrr...so that is put on hold till I can find another bank that really exists. Then I went to Payless to exchange my shoes. Got there....didn't have the shoes in the size I needed. Grrr...not really sure where another Payless is so I just took my shoes and decided to do it later. Then I went to go find a Dollar Store to buy some wrapping paper for a present I have to wrap. Went up and down the stree (which is completly congested because of dumb construction) only to find that once again, the store does not exist where mapquest said it did! Man, struck out three times in a row. After that I just kind of gave up and came home. How pathetic. But I guess sometimes you just have to deal, right?
Monday begins Fall break for me! So excited!! A week of no school. Lovely! I have decided to go spend time at home since I have nothing really here in Salt Lake. So Sunday night I am leaving to go back home for a while. I think the trip will be good and I will have a nice relaxing time. It will be good to see my mom and dad too. Always fun! I am just waiting for Thursday at 5:30 when my classes end and my fall break officially starts!!
This is me, post test. Very relaxed and very happy! (wow, my hair really is getting long...!)
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Busy Busy Bee
Posted by Emily at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment