For my birthday, my grandpa gave me one of those upside down hanging tomato bags. I was definitely excited to try it out and see if maybe I can grow my own tomatoes, without a garden. Again with procrastination, I did not get the plant and get it in the bag until yesterday. But here it is!
The only downside: My roof and eves are made of metal and have no place for me to be able to hang it on my porch. So, I had to go buy a shephard's hook. Yes, I realize the pole it is on is bending. Alot. Its suppose to be flush with the brick. Hopefully it can support this poor plant!! Now if we can just get some sun to help this little plant start to grow!!
In other news...rain. Everyday. For the past week and a half. Every day. Its really crazy!! Our monthly rain total so far (and its only the 11th day of the month!) is over an inch and a half. That is alot of rain coming down! A lot of houses just down the valley a little ways have been flooding becuase of all the moisture. I must confess that I have been enjoying it. I guess the desert girl in me is loving the moisture she never got growing up. Its supposed to continue this way (rainy) for the next while at least. Bring it on!!!
School is going well. Just got done finishing a big research paper that was a pain in the neck. This semester is going by really fast, if only for the reason that it is so short. Even though its going fast, we still have a long way to go. Tomorrow I get to lead my first large group therapy circle at the preschool I am working at. Nervous? Yes. Very. Why? Its just 4 4-yr olds for fifteen minutes. I can do that, right? Cross your fingers for me!!! I am really not appreciating having to be in school during the summer. It is SO hard to be motivated to do any work! Everyone in my program is feeling it, even my teachers. Just gotta keep pushing on I guess.
Oh, just looked out the window and surprise: its raining. again.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Green thumb
Posted by Emily at 5:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment