Friday, August 6, 2010

Little get-away

Because I have been home for a while, and because its summer, and because school is almost about to start, m and d and I decided to take a quick trip up to Tahoe. It has been so long since I have been up there...2 years I think. We rented a room in a fun hotel...



It was so fun to go back again! I love it up there, the smell of the trees and the camp fires and wind, listening to the waves on the beach. Its amazing. It was so fun to go back. We walked around the historic houses they have, visited craft fairs, went to the campground we used to stay at when we camped there, went to the beach, relaxed and read, and just had a great time. Here I am at one of the lakes we used to go to a lot when I was little.


Yesterday we spent the whole day at the beach. I am not much for swimming all the way in the water too much, so I settled for just putting my feet in the water. Which, I have to say, was cold at first but then felt awesome. Amazingly enough, I didn't get burned!! I was armed with my SPF 100 though, so I am sure that helped. Thank goodness, I was almost positive I was going to come home looking like a tomato. Here I am with m. Cute beach girls haha.



The Lake!

Soaking my feet in the cold water.

It was such a good two days...I already miss being up there!! Now it officially feels like summer, even though summer is almost over. Hopefully I can make a trip up there again sooner than 2 years!!

1 comments:

Niki said...

How fun!! I'm glad you got to go before you start your new job- you can now start relaxed and rejuvenated. Btw- your hair is so long- Love it (and you)!!!!