Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back in the real world!

Not having internet really makes it difficult to keep up with this blog. But, thankfully, I have the internet now and can return!! Lots of things have happened since August, or before then really since the last post wasn't really a post about anything. Sometime I will recount all that has happened (which include graduating for the 2nd time, getting a job, moving, thanksgiving/christmas, and lots of other things). For the time being...here is a look at what I have been up to lately!

When I graduated I got a sewing machine from the fam. I started using it a while ago to make a jeans quilt. I was very excited, got all my squares cut out (with the amazing help of K...you rock!). Then I had some thread problems that I had no idea how to fix. So the sewing machine sat in the corner for a bit, along with the quilt. A long bit. Finally a few weeks ago I took it over to C, she helped me fix it, and I am back in business again. I pulled out the squares and am ready to go! I laid out all the squares in my living room tonight to get the pattern right, and I am ready to start sewing them all together. Pretty excited about this project!
Last weekend strawberries were on sale for $.88 for a 1 lb basket. The sisters and I decided to go buy some just to eat. After one box, I decided I wanted to make some jam out of them. So I went back to the store, got tons more for the crazy low price and got to work. Its all freezer jam, since I prefer that taste to that of the cooked kind. I am now pretty good on having homemade jam stored for a while! Its so delish!

That's been the excitement this last week. Along with school of course which is still keeping me busy busy busy. This last picture is one I took a few weeks ago visiting J. We have a good time, and his smile is addictive! Love this kid!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Good job.... finally! Now the trick, is to keep up with it!

Kristin said...

I'm rooting for you Em

Niki said...

WELCOME BACK!!! I love the quilt- is going to be beautiful!