This last week was Spring Break. It was very much needed and nicely timed! I didn't have any fantastic trips planned, but had fun just hanging around here. I did alot of reading, and watching movies, and spring cleaning of my apartment. I also spent a few days with the sisters and the nephew, which is always fun! We had to make tons of oreo truffles (ever tried them? They are amazing!!) so here K and I are, covering them in chocolate. Not the best picture of me, I am sorry for that...

I got to go to an art museum early in the week. While we were there, one of the exhibits dealt with books and pages of books. This was one of the art pieces there....it was a HUGE cube made entirely from books. It was HUGE and very cool!
I also spent quite a bit of time working on this quilt. I started it a while ago, and just got the bug to finish it. I was able to get all the squares sewn together into rows, then all the rows sewn together into the top part of the quilt. I still need to bind it and sew on a backing, but at least the top part is finished!! I am so excited about it, it looks really great!
Look at the corner! Not EVERY corner turned out this perfectly, but this one did and it is happiness!
Overall its been a great spring break. Its kind of hard to think that I have to go back tomorrow....but it will be alright. Just a few more weeks and the year will be done, and it will be summer vacation. So much to do before then though! Here we go with another week of school...




0 comments:
Post a Comment