This year, for the 4th of July, I had a lot of things planned. I was really excited about everything that was going on, and the long day ahead!
The Orem Owlz had a baseball game right before the 4th and they had fireworks after the game. Its always fun to go and see the game, and the fireworks after were pretty great! I love them!
They flew right over my head! Awesome!
The sunday before the 4th, I got to go to Music and the Spoken Word. They had the Choir, the Orchestra, and the Bells at Temple Square. They put on a great program and it was fun to get to see them in person.
After the hot air balloons few over head, I got to hang out in this crowd for quite a while....
...for the 4th of July Parade downtown Provo. Had pretty good seats, got to see the parade which was really fun, and it got over before it got way too hot. It was great!
Later in the day, had a 4th BBQ. Homemade hamburgers, grilled corn, baked beans, and chips. Love it!Somewhere in Alpine this fire got started in the hills. IT was crazy how quickly it grew and how close it was!
On stage before the Beach Boys was Scotty McCreery, winner of some season of American Idol. He was actually really good, I was impressed! They had a ton of teenage girl dancers out on the field dancing while he sang. (He is on stage in this picture...)
Finally after a long wait, the Beach Boys came onstage and played. They were pretty darn good! It was so fun to hear all the songs I listened to over and over when I was littler (and still listen to sometimes!) They definitely put on a good concert!
Singing one of the classics!
The pictures don't do them justice at all. But it was an incredibly fun day! The day started way early and ended way late, but I had so much fun doing everything patriotic!



















0 comments:
Post a Comment