Monday, May 12, 2008

Burnt to a crisp

Why, why, why? Every year it seems to be the same situation, and yet I fall for it each time. Saturday I went and worked out on our lawn all day with my parents. I wore a tank top so that I could get a little bit of sun, nothing major but a little bit. I was out there all day and it was warm but not enough to do anything, or so I thought. Well, after being out in the sun alll day I came inthe house to find that my shoulders had turned a lovely shade of red. Not just pink, but red. Saturday they didn't really hurt that much, but Sunday and today are a different story. Ouch! AND, I went to church yesterday and saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while. Of course they all wanted hugs, so I had to give them. BUT, hugging = touching shoulders. It was a pretty painful day, let me just say. Man oh man. I know, I go through this every year. According to my mom, my "winter white skin" just isn't prepared for the hot Nevada sun. You'd think I would learn but NOOOOO. Well, let me tell you that from now on I will be more prepared with the sunscreen!!!

0 comments: