I wish I could say that I have been extremely busy and have had tons of things to do, which is why I haven't blogged for a while. But...that doesn't seem to be the case. Things have been going well for me though. Just relaxing, hanging out and enjoying my time off. I started reading "Twilight" and got through the first book. Loved it! Went to the library to find that they put my name on the waiting list for the third book, not the second. Great. The third book came in on wednesday, so I picked it up and had them put my name on the list for the second book. Hopefully it comes soon so I can read them both!!
Tuesday I turned 22. Can you believe it? I certainly can't! I took my dad to the train station in Reno, and then went shopping allllllll morning. Ready for the bummer part?? I could not find ONE single thing to buy! I know! I went to everywhere I could think of and couldn't find anything. Bummer! So, I went to In-N-Out for lunch and that made up for it, a little bit. That was fun though. Mom got home late that night but we opened my presents (a new tv!, movies from car, new cooking pan from car, and a memory journal/memory ideas from car) and then we went and got National Treasure 2 and watched it while eating homemade peach ice cream. Overall, it was a good day!!!
I was all ready to go to Utah for a few weeks yesterday. BUT...the class that I was signed up for got cancelled because of low enrollment. GRRR. I had to frantically find a new class to take, and that meant cancelling my trip to UTah. I was/still am pretty bummed about it. Thankfully I found another class to take, map and compass skills or something. Not exactly exciting but you only have to go to class one day and then the class is over with and you get credit for it. DONE! So I am going up for a few weeks the beginning of July. I am looking forward to that!!
Since tuesday it has been SO cold here. The wind has been absolutely crazy, it has been raining a bit every day, and our high temps have not gotten above 60. FREEZING! I know, in Utah in February 60 degrees would have been heaven, but here in the end of May, not so much! I didn't pack appropriate clothing for this kind of weather! Luckily I found an extra sweatshirt around the house that I have been living in the last few days. Hopefully this cold storm front will move on quickly!!
Wednesday I made cinnamon rolls. They were pretty good, if I do say so myself. I had a good recipe, which helps things out. The bread wasn't normal cinnamon roll bread though. It was...different. So, I think once this pan is gone, I am going to try another recipe to see if it is any different. Should be fun! I think I am on a baking roll...I just want to bake things. I need to limit myself though, since three people can't be eating two or three different baked goods every day. I can't help it...I love it!!
I think I may go start working on a baby quilt today. Noone I know is having a baby, but I just like making them. I love quilting, its one of my favorites. Plus, you can be watching a movie or something and still be doing something, not just sitting around lazily all day. So, I think I will be off to walmart to find some cute fabric. Wish me luck!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Catch up
Posted by Emily at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Happy Birthday Em! I think we're going to have a celebration for you when we're all back in Utah in August (I think that would be fun, don't you?). It sounds like you're having fun to me. Enjoy the summer!
Post a Comment