Thursday, June 5, 2008

Review


Who would have thought that we would get a solid week of rain in Fallon? Definitely not me! BUT...we did. We also got hail. Here is a picture of said hail. Doesn't appear to be much, but trust me, it was bigger than it looks. After the week of rain every day and freezing cold, it has been nice to be back to normal temperatures around here!

This week has been filled with...not too much really. At the end of last week I helped my mom finish packing up her classroom (she has to move schools) and somehow we got it all done. Its sad to be leaving her room, but I guess change always helps sometimes. On Tuesday mom and I went to Reno and had a girls day. We went shopping for lots of things, although we only came out with a new pair of pants for her, a new pair of shoes for me (see pic) and a seat thingy for my grandpa for fathers day. Oh and strawberries, those we can't forget. They are so delish!

Anyway...about the shoes. I have been needing new black dressy shoes for a while, so that was on the list. I found these ones at Mervyn's and they were an excellent price. They are not my normal style of shoe, I haven't been so jazzed about the whole wedge fashion lately, but they felt really good on and mom said they looked really cute. So...I got them. Hopefully I can break out of my ways and feel okay wearing them!

Today has been filled with work. I have decided to start running again, so I got up this morning and hit the road. I have this horrible habit of pushing myself too hard and too far right at the very beginning of running or exercising, so I was trying very hard not to do that. I felt it a little, but I definitely think I did some good self control to not push too much! Hopefully I can keep this up and make it a daily thing. Lately this house has been in major spring/summer cleaning mode, so today was another day to mark another item off the cleaning list.

I also made zucchini chocolate chip bread. It turned out pretty good, except the chocolate chips all sunk to the bottom. I even dusted them in flour before I put them in the batter! So, anyone have any suggestions on how to keep this from happening again???


I have been thinking lately about different things that I can do to my hair, just for fun. I have tried straightening it, flipping it out, curling it under, crunching it. I think I like all four of those options. Today I decided that I had some time and I would be creative. So...I curled my hair. Normally my hair has been so long that it takes hours to curl with a curling iron and the curl never stayed in place for longer than about 10 minutes. I thought I would try it today and see how it would work with this new short due. Personally, I think it turned out pretty well, AND it didn't take an hour!!

3 comments:

Niki said...

I love the shoes! And the new background... should have known you would have daisies up soon ;)

Kelsey said...

I love the curly hair. Also, I just got a pair of wedge shoes too and it's so weird wearing them. Who knows...maybe that's all we'll buy anymore. I like your black shoes. They're way cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute hair. I like it. I have tried it but can't get it to stay. Did yours? HELP ME!