Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time on my hands

Mom and the sisters drove to Eugene, OR this last weekend to have a Perry family reunion of sorts. They had a fun time, and mom was LOVING Bandon! I wish I could have gone to Bandon because I love it there, but I am not so sure that I missed anything at the reunion. On Tuesday, Sue, Jimilu, Roxy and Hector all came back to our house to stay for a few days. It was fun to have some company in the house for a little while! They all left on Wednesday and Thursday, so the house is now back to its quiet self. I wanted to get a picture of mom with her sisters while they were all here, but it slipped my mind. So, I decided to put an old picture of 4 of the 5 sisters up. Don't they just look like sisters?!



While mom was gone, I did go up to Carson City like I said I would. It was a fun day to just shop around by myself. I had to get a few things for mom's birthday (which was tuesday) so I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got those Green Bags. Anyone ever try them? They looked cool so I thought we would give them a try! We are experimenting to see just how long a banana and a peach will last in those bags. Should be interesting! I also got her a new shirt which is pretty cute. For me....I ended up buying myself two new shirts! YAY! More luck than I had in Reno a while ago! One is a dark green polo shirt, love it. The other is this beauty:

You can't really see it in this picture, but I think its cute. It was a happy day, and I got to eat at In-N-Out too, which was just fabulous!

For my mom's birthday one of the other things I gave her were some placemats for our kitchen table. She has been hunting for blue ones and hasn't been able to find anything. So...while in Carson I stopped by Joanne Fabrics and picked up some blue gingham tablecloth material. I brought it home and made it into placemats for her! They turned out pretty good I think! Pretty easy and now I can say that I have made them. I made eight total, so that is pretty good. Happy birthday mom!!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job on the placemats. I knew you could do it. What next? Want to try a quilt square? They are impressive looking. Also, love the shirt. Be sure to bring it when you come, so I can borrow!!!