Friday, June 20, 2008

Little more relaxed

Things are feeling a little bit better now. I got a packet of stuff from the U about classes and everything for my master's program that starts in August. I was getting slightly worried because everyone else at the school has already been registered, and I hadn't heard a thing about what I needed to take or anything. Luckily, an adviser sent out information this week. I got a list of classes and signed up for them. SO...I now have some stuff to do in August! It makes me feel a little more relaxed to know that I have a plan and to know kind of what I need to be doing come fall. Even though I am signed up now and relaxed about that, I am still nervous about starting the program. Unsure of what to expect, how things will go, what to do and where to go are all weighing in on my poor little mind. I am sure that once I get there and get into the grove of things, it will be better. One thing that is still a little unknown...housing. I have yet to find an apartment to live in come fall. Little scary you might say? YES! I looked and looked before I left Utah for the summer but everything down in Salt Lake only had immediate openings, meaning noone would commit to sign me for the fall. SO...I have been without signing a contract for two months now. I go back to Utah for two weeks at the beginning of July, and my goal is to find something suitable to live in and sign a contract. I HAVE to have someplace to live! If anyone knows of any good apartments in Salt Lake near the University, let me know!!

Yesterday I spent literally ALL day babysitting. I was supposed to go from 8 to 4:30. But, the parents called and extended me till 6 pm, which was fine. Well, 6:00 came, and went, and the grandma that was supposed to pick up the kids never came. Hmmm...at 6:30 I called the grandma and noone answered. OKAY....so I waited and waited some more with the kids. At 7 she still wasn't there. I called her again, no answer. Hm...so I found her cell number and called it, no answer. MAN. I honestly was beginning to think I would be there all night! Finally about three minutes after I called her cell phone she called me back saying she was on her way to pick the kids up. At a little after 7:30 pm, the grandma came and I was relieved of my duty for the day. 11 and a half hours babysitting. Man oh man. The kids were good, so that helped definitely. IT was just a little bit of a long day!

Last week I did survive babysitting the 4 kids under 5 yrs old. It actually wasn't bad at all. The baby slept quite a bit, and one of the girls only cried for about ten minutes. Other than that, I think we did alright! The girls seemed to have fun, which is always a plus! All four of them are very full of energy though, thats for sure!!

I am thinking about going to Carson City tomorrow to shop around. My mom is gone this weekend, so I thought a shopping trip would be fun for me, plus I need to get her some little things for her birthday which is next week. HOPEFULLY I can find something good to buy for me, unlike the last few times I have gone shopping in Reno. Maybe Carson will be better, cross your fingers!!

0 comments: