Saturday my mom and I were finally able to plant their garden. Its taken weeks to get stuff ready but finally...plants are in the ground! YAY! I have to say that yes, I did get sunburned (apparently I don't know how not to) but not as bad as it was last time. We planted corn, tomatoes, spinach, potatoes and carrots.
It was a good end to last week to be able to have stuff actually planted so it can start growing. Hopefully we will get something by the time I have to leave in August!
On sunday I made wonderfully yummy chex mix things. They are gooey and sugary and good! The recipe makes a TON, so I cut it in a third, and it still made a huge amount. We will probably be eating it all week long.
Also today I made homemade strawberry jam. I must admit that after having had homemade and store bought jam, I really do like homemade SO much more! It is just better. I also like the freezer variety better than the cooked variety...it just tastes fresher to me. So, thats what I made, homemade freezer strawberry jam. Its yummy!!
I am also a bit excited because I kind of have a job! A friend needs help babysitting this summer a few times a week for a few hours, and called me up. I told her sure and so now I am off to babysit again. It feels a little weird, like babysitting is something that highschool girls do or something, but that is alright. I am not above it and it will be nice to have something else to do. She has 4 kids, all under the age of 5 which could prove to be a challenge, but we'll see. I'm excited for it. Also I got another call this week to babysit for another lady in my ward. Wow...all at once I am a hot babysitter. Who knew?! So that will be put on my agenda for next week.
This is a vinyl sticker that I put up on Saturday for my mom. It looks pretty good above her door. Just something new and fun for the house!!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Activities
Posted by Emily at 5:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
My dear, I'm so sorry, but you just can't put up pics of the gooey and good chex stuff and NOT give the recipe!! So, either post it or e-mail it... pretty, pretty please with cherry on top?! Who all are you baby-sitting for?
Post a Comment