College graduate. That is now officially my title! On Thursday and Friday I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Communication Disorders from BYU. It was almost a surreal experience. Mom and Dad drove in Thurday afternoon, Kristin and Craig drove down Thursday afternoon and Carolyn and Paul both took off work. On thursday was the big university commencement. It was basically like a big devotional. Elder Bednar spoke, and he was really good. The only downside...it was snowing. So yes, I got to walk into the Marriott Center in the snow! IT was so freezing cold out. But we finally got in and threw, then took pictures and went to dinner at Sizzler. Yummy! Also that night, we had a HUGE chocolate cake for dessert. IT was really good!
Friday was the official graduation. I had to be there at 7:00am. WAY too early to be awake! Finally we were seated, got to hear Elder Perry of the Quorum of the 12 speak, and then I got my diploma cover and walked across the stage. I was really nervous that I was going to fall or trip, or turn the wrong way for a camera or do something stupid. But, I did fine and survived it! I was actually one of the first to be done! After the ceremony, we took some more pictures and then went to Sweet Tomato's for lunch. Delish! So that was it! My big day went pretty smoothly and that was that! It was fun to have all the family here and to play around.
I did something drastic on Wednesday, the day before graduation. I cut my hair. I wasn't planning on it, but I was moving out of my apartment on Wednesday and Kristin said I should do it. So, uncharacteristically, I went to the hair place BY MYSELF, and got it cut. It is a lot shorter than I wanted it to be and at first I wasn't happy with it. But it is growing on me for sure. So all in all its been a rather busy and exciting week!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Graduation and Changes
Posted by Emily at 3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I LOVE the hair! And way drastic for you :) It's making me want to do something with my hair! And once again, CONGRATS!
Hey - that is my house. When did you do that? I guess you do lots that I don't know about!! I still love the hair. All my kids think we look the same though. They keep talking about when you came to visit. Who knew? Anyway, was bored tonight, Paul is watching basketball ugh. Miss ya tons!!!
Post a Comment