Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day

I was so thankful to have Memorial Day weekend!! I got a day off school, which is ALWAYS great. Yes, I know school was only in for one week. But still, it was nice. I spent the weekend with C and P. It was fun just getting to relax and enjoy the time off. Saturday we kind of hung out and then in the afternoon we went to a canyon to go shooting and have a picnic. The weather was beautiful all morning. About a h alf hour before we were going to leave it got really cloudy and windy. We decided to just go for it and drove to the canyon. It started raining on the way there and was raining at the place we were s topping at. So we decided to take a little drive down the canyon, for about an hour. We went back to the spot and it had stopped raining, so we got out and set up the targets and started shooting. We were able to get in shots for about 15 minutes when the rain started up again. Quickly we packed everything up and headed home. What a bust the rain was!! Once we got home we had our picnic, just indoors. It was still a fun day even thought we got rained out.

Sunday afternoon we went up to Odgen to a cemetery. There, the National Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall was being displayed for the holiday. It was a really cool site to see. They had the wall and then a bunch of army vehicles surrounding it for people to look at. This is me and one of the tanks. Looking inside, they didn't have very much room. Its amazing to know that somehow people with all their gear stuff themselves inside these vehicles.

This is a picture of the wall. The wall is one half the size of the real one in Washington. Amazing. There were so many names just on this replica wall, I can't even begin to think how the real one looks. (We went to the real one in Washington when I was little but I don't remember it at all. This was great to see what I saw back then but didn't remember).


Monday C and I made strawberry jam. I really hate cutting up all those fresh strawberries and cooking them into jam. But really, this stuff is tasty! I love homemade. So much better than the store stuff.


Also on Monday we ventured outside to play some competitive games of ladder golf. I can honestly say that I stink at this game! I think we played over 15 games and I lost every single one of them. Dang. Guess I need to practice more!! It was fun to play and be outside in the beautiful weather. My face even got a little bit of sun, yay for some sun!!

0 comments: