Saturday, May 14, 2011

Run to Walk

The day has come. We ran the 5k called the Race to Walk today. Have to say, I was definitely not as prepared for this race as I was for my last one in October. I have only been running one or two days a week the last little while. Definitely a change from the 3 days a week solid for 2 months before the last one!!

This race was down in Provo and wound through a small neighborhood and then along the Provo River trail. It was a really pretty last mile next to the river! Gave us something to look at while running and running and running. There were quite a lot of people there to run this race. It turned out really quite fun. Here we are at the end...we don't look too bad after running 3.1 miles!

Overall, pretty happy with my time. I actually took a little less than 2 minutes off my time from the last race in October, which was really exciting. (I ran a 37:38 in October, and a 35:40 today. Wahoo!) There was no huge hill at the end, which I think definitely helped everyone's time. There were two tunnels we had to go through that were pretty steep going into and coming out of. But it was a fun day! My legs are jello, and I think I will go take a nap, but overall it was a good day!

After we ran, C and P made a scrumptious brunch with breakfast casserole, muffins, strawberries and chocolate covered strawberries, and OJ. It was yummy and just what 5 runners needed after a hard days run.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Way to go Em!!

Sue said...

Way to go.aunt jimilu