Summer is here! It has not gotten into the high summer temps that really make summer summer....but it is definitely warming up and I am loving it!! I can't help but make summer food lately....here was my first summer meal: homemade hamburgers, corn on the cob, and chips. So delish! Hamburgers were grilled on the grill, and the corn was fresh. It was really yummy and the perfect kickoff to summer!

I was food blog hopping the other day and saw a recipe for banana crumble top muffins. They looked really great, and I just happened to have three bananas lying on my counter getting way too ripe. I decided to try them out and see how they were. The muffins definitely did not turn out as pretty as they did on the recipe, but they were still really good! They tasted like little mini banana bread muffins! (Don't ask me why there are holes in the middle...they all turned out like that. They taste great though!)

I was over at C and P's tonight and they were making bacon for potato salad. C saw a recipe for praline bacon and decided to try it out. Also, we have been seeing signs for chocolate covered bacon for a while now and decided since we were making praline bacon to go ahead and try covering one in chocolate just for fun. They were both a fun treat! You get the salty and smoky from the bacon, and the sweet from the chocolate or the praline. C loved the praline best, while P and I favored the chocolate covered. Something you gotta try to really appreciate it. It sounds weird, I know, but it was fun! (Also, they don't look the most beautiful in this picture, but in real life they looked really fun!)




2 comments:
I have a recipe for bacon ice cream. My mom thinks I'm crazy for wanting to try it but I think it sounds good! You can be crazy and try it too.
Bacon ice cream?! Where did you get that? It could be weirdly good...
Post a Comment