Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A little more relaxed

Last week was terrible. It really was. I had two tests, multiple assignments, and it was just crazy. Somehow I managed to get through it all, but I might have had to go and make cookie dough on friday. Too bad the cookies didn't turn out...at all...they were flat as a pancake. I think the conclusion C and I came to was that I didn't put enough flour in. Dang. But the dough was amazing! (sometimes I like the dough of cookies and brownies more than the cooked product...is that bad?)

This week has been somewhat calmer. Still a lot to get done, but I don't feel so stressed out. I have come to realize that I have bad test anxiety. I don't know why, I just do. Anytime I have a test looming within the week or especially the next day, I am completely stressed. It does not matter how much I have prepared for it, for some reason I just get super stressed. Maybe I should find a way to work on that. Hm...

Big news: Today it was beautiful outside! I walked out my front door for class at 8:30 with a coat on, because that has been the trend with weather here the past, oh 5-6 months or so. I walk out the door and to my surprise, it was warm! What?! Weird! I ditched the coat in my car before going to class, but walking to class was delightful! It was a bit windy today, and as such a hoodie was a good idea if you were standing in any one place for a while. But other than that, beautiful. I'm thinking high 50's. Spring fever anyone?? It did rain today also, at least I'm pretty sure thats what wet ground means. I was stuck in the clinic(that has no windows) all day, as usual!

Other than that... school is going well. My supervisor told me today after a session that I did a really good job, and that she thinks I am handling this child beautifully! Can I just say that put a smile on my face? Because it did. Sometimes I feel like I'm not sure if I am cut out to be in this profession, but then on days like this it makes me feel like I CAN do it. Always a good feeling! We are almost halfway done with this semester. Craziness!! In a meeting this week we were told that from now till the end of the semester undergrads in the COMD program will be coming in and out and observing sessions. What?! Are you sure you want to observe me? Me?? That is a little scary! Luckily they are behind the mirror and I will never know if they are there or not...

I was randomly looking at recipes today (because I do that sometimes) and I came across a recipe for chicken parmasean. I've made it before, but it just sounded really good. I think I might have to buy stuff to make that this week. Sounds like a plan. Okay, its late, I need to get to bed. Tomorrow is a sleep in day! Woohoo!!

0 comments: