Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back in the saddle again

Has it really been over a month? Apparently yes. Wowzers. Guess I need to skip through Christmas Break then. Dang! I just might post a few pictures sometime in the near future just because they are fun!

Yesterday was Groundhog Day! Darn critter saw his shadow, meaning six more weeks of winter. Dang!
School has begun once again. Well actually it has been going for a month. Whoopsies! Things have been so much busier this semester than last! I am taking three classes, and then clinic. Classes thus far have been okay I guess. My voice class is really cool, I am loving it. Childhood Lang. Disorders is okay...haven't done anything other than theories yet so I am still waiting on that one. And then there is the research class. Dun dun dun...easily my least favorite of the three. To add to the fact that it is all 100% about research, its on a friday too. Let's just say its a rough one! Then we have clinic, which is an entirely full load on its own. I have three clients that each come one hour two times a week. Then I have to meet with supervisors once a week. Add onto that the planning for each session, and then the paperwork after each session. Its alot and I still haven't gotten comfortable with the routine yet, but I am working on it. My first three weeks in there were good, my clients were great and everything was going well. Then last week I had my first bad session which left me feeling less than competent and great. Luckily, I was able to be convienced that it wasn't my fault at all that things didn't go good. I was excited about this week too, yesterday went really good and then today came. Little kid did not cooperate at all. Not one bit. My supervisor and I basically decided it was a waste of my time. So there you go. At least I didn't walk out feeling like a failure today!!

I think that I am liking this speech therapy stuff. Its difficult for sure, trying to think of different ideas and whatnot, but I walk out of the sessions thinking "wow, I really did it by myself" which is a good feeling! I just need to keep hanging in there and make it through the next year and a half. I can do this..I can do this...


Random picture of me at Christmas....Have you ever noticed that when a lightbulb goes out, its usually not just one that goes out? I had two go out this morning. TWO! At the same time! Weird. And then this afternoon I got home from school and one in my bathroom went out. Stink. Luckily they are different kinds, so I get to buy not one, but two different packs of lightbulbs. Yay for me.

Anything cool coming up? Hmm....not really. Thats somewhat boring, but hey thats my life! Maybe something will pop up in the tail end of this week that will be fun and exciting. Cross your fingers!

0 comments: