Baking failure. Saturday night C and I made brownie batter. I have to admit I like the batter more than the baked product. So we made the batter and then made a few into cookies. (just taking the brownie batter, scooping it out like cookies and baking them) They turned out pretty good and instead of having an entire pan of brownies we just had 6 cookies. It was great. I took some of the batter home and wanted the cookies again monday night. I scooped the dough out on the pan, placed it in the oven, set the timer and patiently waited for the treats to be done. When the timer went off, this is what I pulled out of the oven:
Beautiful, aren't they? They didn't cook at all! The middle was goo and the outsides were pretty burnt. Not really sure what the difference between Saturday and Monday was, but it wasn't pretty. Bummer...
Beautiful! That is the weather we have been having this week. Absolutly beautiful. Love it! I even broke out the capri's yesterday. I couldn't help it. It was a bit chilly going to school at 8 in the morning, but by the time class was out at 12 I was glad I wore them. I love capri's, they are just fun, and a change from pants. I went to Park City with K 2 weeks ago and found a great deal on some way cute capri's from GAP. They definitely are a change from the normal colors I usually wear, but I think they are way cute!! (Yes, these are capri's...you just cant see my feet). I love wearing new clothes and was very excited to wear them today!!!
In other news: I am officially a card-carying patron of the Salt Lake City Library. Go me. The place is HUGE and beautiful and intimidating. I successfully navigated the streets of downtown Salt Lake to find my way to the building, and I got the card. AND since I live in Salt Lake, I can check out 100 items at a time. Anyone feel like reading???
Two and a half weeks of school left!! This is the last week of clinic (I officially have today and tomorrow left!!!), then a week to finish class a nd then finals. I am SUPER ready to be finished. We get 9 days off between semesters. I booked my flight home on sunday and am definitely ready for it to be here!! I am excited to go home and *not* be sick this time around!!!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Random museings
Posted by Emily at 2:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment